Monday, October 29, 2007

I'm having trouble getting out of my own head today. I keep on wanting to know what my Higher Power wants me working on, what am I supposed to do? Or be doing? Is there some action I should be taking? My experience in my 12-Step program tells me that what I need to do will be put in front of me, I don't need to go looking for it. I'm having trouble 'getting' that today.

I think I should take action in my life, mold it into the shape I want. But, if I've turned my will & my life over to my Higher Power, then I should wait for instructions, eh? In the meantime, do what I normally do, yes?

Society tells me that I should take life by the shoulders & shake it into shape, my shape, make it the way I want it. My program says my path will be revealed to me, all I have to do is listen, be open to the urgings of the Spirit. Ah! That's what I haven't been doing! I've been been trying to outline, deduce what God wants me to work on. But! That blocks out being able to hear God's instructions, or receive inspiration. Because my intensive search for the answer, my focus on my search, and on what I expect to find or see, keeps me from hearing or 'getting' anything other than my own line of reasoning, my own expectations.

Thanks for the help!

No comments: