Friday, May 11, 2007

What To Blog?

Whatever should I say?

I feel like I should have some political comments. So -- why can't we all play nice?

I'm in my mid-50s, and I've heard this same crap in every election I've paid attention to since I was 18. Will it never stop? Does everybody have to trash the other in order to get their point across?

Why isn't it enough to say, one way or another, "I'm the better person for the job. These are the things I think are important and intend to work on. Please vote for me."

Every time I hear someone outraged about the latest political corruption or malfeasance, I just think "The boys are at it again!"

Isn't it sad that I've got that attitude?

What's sadder is that some of us have simply come to expect this kind of behavior from our "leaders." Is it OK? No!

Should the perpetrators be prosecuted? Yes!
Do we need an expensive 3-ring circus to prove that they broke the law, or betrayed our trust, or used the influence of their office for favors? No!

Don't waste any more of my time or my tax money. They screw up -- prosecute, put 'em out of office, elect a replacement and move on.

Do the job I/we elected you for. That's what you're getting paid for. If you want to play games, go back to the playground.

No comments: